Board Game Development, Consultancy & Commissions
Quick links to topics on this page: Board game development | Board game design commissions | Board game consultancy
Board Game Development
The process of getting a board game from initial concept to publication is varied and can be challenging. The game developer’s role is critical in bringing the ideas of the designer to life in a format that works well for the publisher.
My aim is to sharply focus on what makes a game special: looking for the innovation and creativity within a design and making sure that shines through. The user experience influences and drives the process: we want games to be intuitive, elegant and well suited to the target audience.
I specialise in light strategy, family and educational games, I work with both publishers and designers. Please get in touch if you’d like to discuss your project.
Ellie is incredibly knowledgeable, enthusiastic and business-like – a great combination! I highly recommend working with her.
Board Game Design Commissions
Do you want a board game but lack the in-house game design expertise? Commission me to create a board game that suits your audience, your production budget and your objectives.
I work with companies, organisations and individuals to create games to suit different purposes. Board games are a fantastic way to engage staff, customers and learners. Well designed games are played repeatedly, giving you a chance to thoroughly embed your message or your brand.
Get in touch to arrange an initial discussion.
Bespoke board game consultancy
Consultancy is tailored to your needs as a designer, your objectives and your game.
I can advise on:
- Playtesting and the iterative design process
- Game development
- Deciding what to do next with your game
- Understanding how the board game industry works
- Creating sell sheets and delivering winning pitches to publishers
- Getting to grips with the business of self-publishing: manufacturing, marketing, sales and distribution
- Launching games on Kickstarter: the ins and outs of crowdfunding
- Managing artwork, graphic design, proof-reading and blind-testing
- Accessing game design resources and support
Get in touch to arrange a free 30-minute initial discussion.