In traditional style, in this post I’m reflecting on the last year and looking forward to the next.
Top highlights from 2023
- Winning the inaugural Hasbro Women Innovators of Play challenge.
- Signing 8 games to publishers: Laurence King Publishing x 2, Ginger Fox x 2, Quarto, Outset Media, Mindware and Gamewright.
- The Dark Imp Blog being named as the Cardboard Edison Board Game Design Blog of the Year 2023.
- Receiving copies of Hire Me from Clarendon Games (co-designed with Mandela F-G) and Spare Strike Steal from Ginger Fox.
- Doing development and consultancy work on multiple projects, including The Legends of King Arthur, and games in development for Thames and Hudson, Laurence King, Quarto and Wide Eyed Editions.
- Almost weekly attendance at the wonderful London Friday Daytime Playtest UK group and setting up a new monthly Playtest UK group for West Herts. Spending time with other designers is always a major highlight.
- Attending Tabletop Network, BGGCon and UK Games Expo.
Hire Me from Clarendon Games
A sneaky peek at The Chapter Challenge Board
A few exciting things to come in 2024
- The Chapter Challenge game day on 6th January. A game I’ve designed for Lambda Chi Alpha to run over a full day for 175 people.
- Visiting Hasbro Headquarters in Rhode Island as part of the Women Innovators of Play prize for International Women’s Day.
- 8 of my games being released. Some are on boats right now!
- Nuremberg, London Toy Fair, Mojo Pitch, UKGE, Essen and probably more…
One of the things I love most about my job is that I’m never sure who I’ll be working with or what I’ll be working on over the next few weeks or months. I love the variety of working with individual designers to help them get games ready for pitching, developing games for publishers and working on commissions. If you’re looking for a designer to work with, do get in touch.
Here’s to a happy, healthy and productive 2024 for all my board gaming friends.